Sunbeam’s Early Birds Parent Program Supports You
You are your child's first and most influential teacher.
Early Birds provides you with important information, activities, and educational toys and books to use with your child to stimulate his/her development and learning. This helps prepare your child to be ready for school!
This Free Program is:
- Designed specifically to help expectant parents, people caring for newborns, and anyone caring for children through age 5. This includes grandparents who are raising their grandchildren.
- Available in person and online, and in English and Spanish.
- Offered 3 times per year in the Fall, Winter, and Spring.
- Each class focuses on different topics.
In this 60-90 Minute Class, You Will:
- Learn about your child’s development and tools for school readiness through topics like child development, everyday learning opportunities, activities that promote school readiness, purposeful parenting techniques, and health and safety.
- Receive a free kit of learning toys and materials to support early learning at your home.
- Connect with other parents.
- Learn about the importance of play and tips for playing with your child.
Did you know...
Did you know the first 5 years of your child’s life are important for their growth? 90% of your child’s brain grows before kindergarten.
This growth and early experiences have a lasting impact on your child’s health and ability to learn and succeed both in school and in life. That’s why school readiness begins before your child enters kindergarten.
Through purposeful play and making the most of everyday moments, you can promote school readiness skills in your child from the moment your child is born!
Early Birds launched in 2010 through Smart Start. Sunbeam acquired Early Birds on July 1, 2023.