Early Head Start Home Visitation Program
We're Here to Help You and Your Child
This Early Head Start program provides high quality early childhood education through interactive child development activities in your home. You are your child’s first and most important teacher. Parent involvement is an important part of the success of your child.
This program helps you:
- Enrich your child’s development through early learning opportunities
- Use your home environment as your child’s first learning environment
- Reach your family’s goals for success and independence
We provide you with:
- Support in preparing your child for school and life success
- Educational experiences in your home for 90 minutes each week
- Individualized lesson planning
- Group socialization, where you and your child meet with other families twice a month to socialize children through child development activities that help your child develop new skills
- Health and nutrition screenings
- Early intervention referrals
- Social services referrals
- Mental health and Infant Mental Health support
- Goal planning for your family
- Parent education opportunities
Pregnancy Home Visits:
- If you are pregnant, Home Visitors provide weekly educational prenatal visits.
- Home visits focus on fetal development, health and nutrition, breastfeeding, labor and delivery, postpartum care, and
- You may also meet other families and participate in engaging activities offered at socialization twice a month.