Early Head Start Home Visitation Program
Your Child Deserves the Best
Founded in 1907, Sunbeam Family Services is one of Oklahoma’s longest-serving nonprofits. Sunbeam helps build brighter futures with all children and families. Learning begins long before a child starts kindergarten. As the Early Head Start provider in Oklahoma City, Sunbeam is a leader in early childhood education. Sunbeam’s early education centers, partner sites, and Home Visitation Program prepare babies and toddlers to enter kindergarten with the skills necessary to be ready for school – and beyond.
We're Here to Help You and Your Child
This Early Head Start program provides high quality early childhood education through interactive child development activities in your home. You are your child’s first and most important teacher. Parent involvement is an important part of the success of your child.
This program helps you:
- Enrich your child’s development through early learning opportunities
- Use your home environment as your child’s first learning environment
- Reach your family’s goals for success and independence
We provide you with:
- Support in preparing your child for school and life success
- Educational experiences in your home for 90 minutes each week
- Individualized lesson planning
- Group socialization, where you and your child meet with other families twice a month to socialize children through child development activities that help your child develop new skills
- Health and nutrition screenings
- Early intervention referrals
- Social services referrals
- Mental health and Infant Mental Health support
- Goal planning for your family
- Parent education opportunities
Pregnancy Home Visits:
- If you are pregnant, Home Visitors provide weekly educational prenatal visits.
- Home visits focus on fetal development, health and nutrition, breastfeeding, labor and delivery, postpartum care, and
- You may also meet other families and participate in engaging activities offered at socialization twice a month.