Who We Are
Established in 1907, Sunbeam Family Services is Oklahoma’s longest-serving social service agency. Founded as a children’s home for dependent and neglected children, we have evolved to meet the growing needs of the community, today serving vulnerable children, families and seniors throughout central Oklahoma. Sunbeam has been a proud United Way Partner Agency since 1924.
Sunbeam’s programs and services address the physical, mental and emotional health of our clients. This holistic approach means many of our clients benefit from two or more of our service programs. We shine a light on the needs of our community and empowers families and individuals to achieve self-sufficiency.
- Sunbeam impacted 14,597 individuals in Central Oklahoma.
- 3,110 senior adults received safe and caring support through the Senior Services program, a 14.3 percent increase over the previous year. This program impacted an additional 5,061 family members through the Grandparents Raising Grandchildren, Caregiver Fundamentals and Foster Grandparents programs.
- 559 Oklahomans received compassionate counseling services, a 25.3 percent increase from the previous year which impacted 839 family members.
- 741 children enrolled in Sunbeam’s Educare Early Childhood Center, partner sites, and Home Based Care, a 20.6 percent increase from the previous year. Our holistic services impacted 2,542 family members who were supported by our Family Advocates.
- 109 foster children were placed in loving homes and Sunbeam wrapped services around 97 foster parents and their biological children.
- 1,711 individuals received trainings, such as employee assistance, English as Second Language classes, and first-aid.
- Our admin and fundraising costs are less than 10 percent, so every $1 donated 90 cents goes directly to helping our community.