Volunteers are Essential to Lighting the Way
You can help support seniors in our community by becoming a Senior Engagement Volunteer!
You can help support seniors in our community by becoming a Senior Engagement Volunteer! Sunbeam is looking for 100 volunteers to donate their time and talents to join the nonprofit’s Senior Engagement Program.
Does this describe you?
- You are looking for a way to volunteer and give back to our community.
- You love helping seniors.
- You enjoy connecting with people.
- You are dependable.
What is the impact of the Senior Engagement Program?
- This program encourages independence and self-sufficiency by helping Oklahoma seniors stay active in their lives, connected to their communities, and supporting aging in place.
What would I do as a Senior Engagement Volunteer?
- You will be partnered with a vulnerable senior, due to illness or age, from our community.
- You will connect with a vulnerable senior, invest in their well-being, and support them through a variety of opportunities, such as:
- Engagement activities – movies, puzzles, physical activities, companionship, etc.
- Respite Care – allowing a Caregiver an opportunity to take time for self-care.
- Tasks Assistance Activities – dog walking, meal preparation, gardening, etc.
- Volunteer at least 1.5 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months.
- Attend ongoing training
- Learn more about the position here!
I want to volunteer! What do I do next?
- Please complete this online form.
- We will get back to you with the next steps withing 2 business days.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
- Melva Franklin, Senior Volunteer Engagement Coordinator, at 405.609.8930 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.