Volunteers are Essential to Lighting the Way
Volunteers like you are crucial in supporting Sunbeam’s mission. Sunbeam is looking for 100 volunteers to join the Senior Engagement Volunteer Program! Please see below for more information.
If you have any questions about additional volunteer opportunities please contact Angie Doss at firstname.lastname@example.org or (405) 609-2311.
You can help support seniors in our community by becoming a Senior Engagement Volunteer!
You can help support seniors in our community by becoming a Senior Engagement Volunteer! Sunbeam is looking for 100 volunteers to donate their time and talents to join the nonprofit’s Senior Engagement Program.
Does this describe you?
- You are looking for a way to volunteer and give back to our community.
- You love helping seniors.
- You enjoy connecting with people.
- You are dependable.
What is the impact of the Senior Engagement Program?
- This program encourages independence and self-sufficiency by helping Oklahoma seniors stay active in their lives, connected to their communities, and supporting aging in place.
What would I do as a Senior Engagement Volunteer?
- You will be partnered with a vulnerable senior, due to illness or age, from our community.
- You will connect with a vulnerable senior, invest in their well-being, and support them through a variety of opportunities, such as:
- Engagement activities – movies, puzzles, physical activities, companionship, etc.
- Respite Care – allowing a Caregiver an opportunity to take time for self-care.
- Tasks Assistance Activities – dog walking, meal preparation, gardening, etc.
- Volunteer at least 1.5 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months.
- Attend ongoing training
- Learn more about the position here!
I want to volunteer! What do I do next?
- Please complete this online form.
- We will get back to you with the next steps withing 2 business days.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
- Melva Franklin, Senior Volunteer Engagement Coordinator, at 405.609.8930 or email email@example.com.