Volunteers are Essential to Lighting the Way
You can help support seniors in our community by becoming a Senior Engagement Volunteer!
Sunbeam is looking for 100 volunteers to donate their time and talents to join the nonprofit’s Senior Engagement Program.
Does this describe you?
- You are looking for a way to volunteer and give back to our community.
- You love helping seniors.
- You enjoy connecting with people.
- You are dependable.
What is the impact of the Senior Engagement Program?
This program encourages independence and self-sufficiency by helping Oklahoma seniors stay active in their lives, connected to their communities, and supports aging in place.
What would you do as a Senior Engagement Volunteer?
- You will be partnered with a senior from our community.
- You will connect with a senior, invest in their well-being, and support them through a variety of opportunities, such as:
- Engagement activities – movies, puzzles, physical activities, companionship and more.
- Respite Care – allowing a Caregiver an opportunity to take time for self-care.
- Tasks Assistance Activities – meal preparation, gardening and more.
- Volunteer at least 1.5 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months.
- Attend ongoing training.
Who do you contact to volunteer?