Foster Hope as a Foster Parent
Sunbeam Family Services recognizes at the heart of a healthy foster care family is dedication and compassionate support. Sunbeam has been supporting children in foster care and foster families since the 1930s.
At Sunbeam, we recognize the diversity of the children within Oklahoma’s Foster Care System and reflect that diversity with our foster parents. We welcome foster parent applications from individuals and families regardless of marital status, sexuality, gender identity, gender expression, religion, or race.
When you’re a Sunbeam foster parent, we’re here to support you every step of the way. Our foster care experts walk beside you from the beginning application and remain a constant advocate and reliable source of support throughout any placements made in your home. Through a contract with the Oklahoma Department of Human Services (OKDHS), Sunbeam helps you become a foster parent at no cost to you.
That’s why we were voted as Metro Family Magazine Family Favorite Foster Care Agency in 2022!
Specialized Foster Parent Support
Our foster families have access to:
- Trauma-certified therapists
- Priority placement in our early education centers
- 24/7 on-call support
- Specialized training
- Gift cards at placement
- Birthday gifts for children
- Holiday support
- Several meals for your family throughout the year
- Multiple fun, bonding opportunities for you to attend as a family
What it Takes to Foster
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- You can be single, married, divorced or widowed and already have children in your home
- Must own or rent a house/apartment
- Complete free pre-service training provided by Sunbeam
- Have a working vehicle and cell phone
- Are able to manage personal and household financial needs without relying on foster care reimbursement
- Be in good physical, emotional, and mental health