To provide people of all ages with help, hope, and the opportunity to succeed through Early Childhood, Foster Care, Mental Health and Senior Services programs.
Established in 1907, Sunbeam Family Services is Oklahoma’s longest-serving social service agency. Founded as a home for children, we have evolved to meet the growing needs of the community, serving children, families, and seniors throughout central Oklahoma. Sunbeam has been a proud United Way Partner Agency since 1924.
Each year, Sunbeam helps more than 9,200 Central Oklahomans with life-changing services through our robust Early Childhood Education program, long-standing Foster Care program, compassionate mental health program, and Senior Services program. Sunbeam’s programs and services address the physical, mental, and emotional health of our clients. This holistic approach means many of our clients benefit from two or more of our services,
With support from donors and partners, Sunbeam is building stronger, brighter futures for central Oklahomans. Working together, we shine a light on the needs of our community and empower families and individuals.
During fiscal year 2018-2019:
- Sunbeam impacted 9,221 individuals in Oklahoma.
- 867 infants and toddlers were prepared for school readiness at 20 early education centers, partner sites, and the Home Visitation program.
- 119 children in foster care were placed in safe, loving homes with 45 Sunbeam foster families.
- 412 Oklahomans received compassionate mental health and infant mental health services.
- 115 mental health clients also received support through Sunbeam’s Early Childhood Services, Senior Services and Foster Care Services.
- 1,392 senior adults stayed active, connected to their communities and found permanent housing.
- 817 caregivers received support, including 336 grandparents and their grandchildren, and 119 respite clients.
- 96 seniors experiencing homelessness received care at the Senior Shelter and found safe, permanent homes