Restoring Dignity, Supporting Friendship, and Maintaining Stability
Sunbeam’s Senior Services consists of volunteer opportunities to serve seniors, support groups for caregivers and grandparents who are raising their grandchildren, and respite for caregivers. This program encourages independence and self-sufficiency by helping Oklahoma seniors stay active in their lives, connect to their communities, support aging in place, and find permanent housing.
Learn more about Sunbeam’s Senior Services programs:
- Caregiver Fundamentals Program, – Provides support groups, access to resources and trainings to families caring for loved ones which includes:
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren – Provides help and hope to grandparents raising their grandchildren.
- Care Trak – Keeps loved ones safe. This program is open to Oklahomans of all ages who care for a family member who is at risk of wandering.
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers – Evidence -based educational program designed to help family caregivers take care of themselves while caring for a relative or friend
- Senior Volunteer Engagement Program - Are you feeling socially isolated? Do you want to give back to our community? Our new Senior Engagement Volunteer Program matches volunteers with vulnerable seniors due to age or illness providing well-being checks to ensure our older adult residents are safe, being cared for, and are not feeling socially isolated. Our aim is to encourage independence and self-sufficiency by helping Oklahoma seniors stay active in their lives, connected to their communities, and more likely able to age in place. Anyone age 60+ is eligible to receive this support. If you are looking for a way to give back to our community, you enjoy connecting with people, spending time with seniors, and have the availability to give about 1.5-hours per week to visit with an older person, we need you! For more information about this program contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 405.609.8930. “The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate action of its members.” ― Coretta Scott King
- Senior Shelter -Provides safe, permanent homes for homeless seniors.
For assistance, email email@example.com or call 405.609.6551 .
Other Resources to Support Seniors
There are more options available to help seniors such as: