Restoring Dignity, Supporting Friendship, and Maintaining Stability
According to AARP, nearly seven baby boomers turn 65 every minute. This is expected to continue into the 2030s. Sunbeam seeks to give Oklahomans who paved a way for current generations a safe and loving support system through our Senior Services program.
The goal for our one-stop assistance program for senior adults is to encourage independence and self-sufficiency by helping seniors stay active in their lives, connected to their communities, and living in their own homes for as long as possible.
Ninety-four percent of clients served by Sunbeam’s Senior Services program were at or below the poverty line, which is $1,041 per month for one individual. Because of support from partners, last fiscal year 4,552 senior adults stayed active, connected to their communities, and supported seniors living in their own homes.
Learn more about Sunbeam’s Senior Services programs:
- Senior Companion Program – Addresses poverty through volunteerism.
- Caregiver Fundamentals Program, – Provides support groups, assistance, and counseling to families caring for loved ones which includes:
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren – Provides help and hope to grandparents raising their grandchildren.
- Care Trak – Keeps loved ones safe.
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers – Evidence -based educational program designed to help family caregivers take care of themselves while caring for a relative or friend.
- Emergency Senior Shelter -Provides safe, permanent homes for homeless seniors.
- 3,110 senior adults received caring support through the Senior Services program, a 14.3% increase over the previous year.
- 328 grandparents and 869 grandchildren received supportive services through the Grandparents Raising Grandchildren program.
- 187 seniors received trainings on a variety of self-care topics for caregivers, including legal, health and depression.
- 100 senior companions provided quality, in-home support and companionship to 203 homebound seniors and 35 respite homes.
- 99 homeless senior residents received care at the Emergency Senior Shelter and found safe, permanent home.
- 35% of seniors served through the shelter were veterans.
For assistance, please contact contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 405.609.6551 .